“Costa Rica” Rick
Born Oahu, moved to Maui age 5. Grew up surfing Hanalei Bay. Family moved to Costa Rica when he was 12. Disappointed at first to leave Hawaii, Rick found he loved Costa Rica even more. Has never left. Says he grew up in the world’s best place to surf. Always amazed at the number of surfers that make their way to Costa Rica; another reason not to leave—“everyone comes to visit!” Enjoys ribbing “Donegan” Doolin and “Hossegor” Hank that he owns no wet suits. Always turns down their invitations to surf Bundoran Beach and Hossegor. Hola! Rick requires warm water, not just great waves, to “thrive and survive!”
Buy “Costa Rica” Rick now from our online store!
More about “Costa Rica” Rick
- Mantra: “Hola! Es el aqua caliente lo suficiente?”
- Home Break: Playa Avellana
- Fave Surf Spot: Though he hasn’t surfed there since he was 12, still fancies Hanalei Bay, but usually found at Malpais when not at Playa Avellana
- Bust Out Move: El Rodeo Flip
- Fuels-up On: Soy Burgers at Lola’s, but “I will go out of my way for the seafood at El Sano Banano when I’m down in Malpais”
- Best Surf Memory: “That’s easy—the number of great friends I have made!”
- Best Beach Buds: “Donegan” Doolin and “Hossegor” Hank
- When Not Surfing: Siesta Time, Brah!
- Advice For Groms: “Make sure the water’s 80 degrees”